Friday, January 04, 2008

Shades Of Soylent Green



FDA to clear cloned livestock for consumers:
report Thu Jan 3, 10:58 PM ET

The U.S. Food and Drugs Administration (FDA) is expected to declare as early as next week that meat and milk from cloned animals and their offspring is safe to eat, the Wall Street Journal reported on Thursday.

The FDA had previously asked producers of cloned livestock not to sell food products from such animals pending its ruling on their safety, the Journal said on its Web site.

The decision would come after more than six years of wrestling with the question and would be a milestone for a small cadre of biotech companies that want to make a business out of producing cloned farm animals.

(Reporting by Yinka Adegoke; Editing by Tomasz Janowski)
Copyright © 2008 Reuters

I know. I have to get past the fact that this is how the world works. Economics supersedes commonsense, and as we've seen in all categories concerning Autism. The biotech companies have won. I look around me and I see illness or disorders. This generation, generation D as some say, isn't enough of a wakeup call to the problems with our food supply and environment. We all know the stats - 1 in 6 kids born today have a delay or disorder. But that doesn't get to me anymore. What is most disturbing is what I see right in front of me. In the classroom (I am a teacher), at the grocery store, everywhere. Kids getting inhaler shots in public with no one even pausing. Medications, creams, special tables, special food. Kids with chronic ezcema and food allergies everywhere I turn. Parents don't seem concerned since they have so much company. It's not alarming, this new normal. 6 out of 22 kids in Leo's class have issues.

I've asked this retorical question before, WHY ARE MOMS TODAY GIVING BIRTH TO CHILDREN WITH ALTERED IMMUNE AND GI SYSTEMS????

All I have to say is they better fucking label it.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

I was listening to the radio on my way to work this afternoon and heard this bit of news as well. Your post totally echoed my thoughts.

AshleyLeo said...

Sorry Mommy Dearest. I loved your comment, I somehow deleted it rather than authorizing it! Ah, technology.

Jenn, glad I'm not the only one thinking this way....Ashley