Wednesday, January 23, 2008

USDA versus the FDA


USDA Recommends That Food From Clones Stay Off the Market

The U.S. Department of Agriculture yesterday asked U.S. farmers to keep their cloned animals off the market indefinitely even as Food and Drug Administration officials announced that food from cloned livestock is safe to eat.

full article

I've found myself in agreement with the USDA? I guess stranger things have happened. The thing one must ask yourself is this: What's in it for US, the consumer, to buy cloned meat? Will it be cheaper? Healthier? Doubtful, but I can guarantee we'll see some serious bullshit spin on this one. What about the downsides? We need a hundred years to determine that. No chance my friends.

When you think you've heard it all, especially when we see numerous solutions around us to our farming woes, our chronic health issues, an economics.

No comments: