Friday, March 14, 2008

Too Much In The News

There's just too much to comment on I don't know where to begin.

Hilary vs. Obama...I really like them both, but I'm sad that our country isn't ready for a woman president. We are so backwards compared to the rest of the world. Number 2 in infant deaths, never a woman president. Pretty incredible.

Newsweek says we really ARE in a recession. I guess if the media says it, we are (insert sarcasm here).

Vaccine "news" has been plastered ALL over, as a not so secret response to our quiet victory in court last week. One for Autism. I guess they think people are too dumb to notice that the special interest groups cause these "pro-vaccine" articles to "suddenly appear", almost as a coincidence to balance out the autism news.

Interestingly "Children who get a combined vaccine against measles, mumps, rubella and chicken pox are slightly more likely to have seizures compared to those getting two separate shots for the same diseases, U.S. officials said on Thursday. They go on to say how benign these seizures are, almost like they are an okay thing. Since when are seizures okay? From the CDC? Isn't their job to protect the public? The good news is they are not "expressing a preference that children get the MMRV". At least that's good news.

More news on the antibiotic front...like it's news, or hasn't been covered before, but hey. Antibiotics are over prescribed for common viruses. Hmmm...who would'a thought? The focus was on sinus infections.

Okay, I'm all done venting. I'm still thinking about those cows.

In other news, all is well here - Leo just finished his standardized testing for our state. He wasn't stressed at all, and he seemed to handle the testing well. We'll see what his teacher says in two weeks, another conference. I still can't believe he doesn't go down the hall to another room for untimed testing with the other 3 boys in his class. Pretty incredible.

On the health front, our school has been inundated with strep and 5ths disease. Both kids seemed to be fighting something last week. I hit them with all my immune support stuff, as much as I could think of. This week, my daughter Sydney started presenting a new tic (she'd been tic free since my post about it last). It's a mouth tic, very minor, but it bothers her when it happens. "I can't stop myself from doing it Mom". Then today, I found out that Syd's reading partner was sent home for 5ths disease. So there ya go, the new tic must be Sydney's version of 5ths. Leo is tic free thankfully. As I've mentioned in previous posts, my kids start blinking a lot when they are fighting strep.

I feel bad because I've been so remiss in visiting my favorite blogs. I'm so out of it! I think all of the illnesses in the house really set me back. I hope everyone is well.

Ashley

No comments: